My best friend and I recently did an afghan exchange. I made a granny rectangle one to match her throw pillows and she made me a ripple afghan in my choice of colors. She so kindly offered to make matching pillow covers, so I wrote up a pattern for her to follow. The result is the beautiful, bright ripple stitch pillow cover pictured above (actually, two of them).
Skill Level: Easy
Size: 14″ wide by 15″ tall (to fit a 16″ x 16″ pillow insert)
- Worsted weight yarn; I have used Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn
- Peacock Blue – 1.55 oz (80 yards)
- Keylime – 1.3 oz (66 yards)
- Mixed Berry – 1.3 oz (66 yards)
- Cornflower – 1.3 oz (66 yards)
- Hot Rose – 1.3 oz (66 yards)
- Size 5.5 mm (I-9) crochet hook
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- 1″ – 1.5″ Buttons (x3)
- 16″ x 16″ Pillow insert
Please note: All of my patterns that were published prior to February 8th, 2016 are now the copyright of Prime Publishing LLC, and will be available again sometime soon. I have no knowledge of when this pattern will be published, but as soon it is, this post will be updated with new links.
Check out the matching Ripple Afghan pattern HERE.