This beautiful blanket features a dragonfly motif in colorful rainbow rows and a “fluffy” white border. It makes a lovely gift for a new baby or a gorgeous lapghan to keep you warm. This easy crochet blanket features bright and bold colors and a simple construction with an easy pattern repeat. Once you get the hang of this stitch, your hook will be flying!
Skill Level: Easy
Finished Size: Approximately 36″ x 36″ (Add or subtract multiples of 13 to the beginning chain to adjust the width.)
- Worsted weight yarn; I have used Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn
- Color A = Amethyst – 142 yards (80 gm)
- Color B = Pistache – 142 yards (80 gm)
- Color C = Mango – 142 yards (80 gm)
- Color D = Hot Rose – 142 yards (80 gm)
- Color E = Buttercup – 142 yards (80 gm)
- Color F = White – 312 yards (175 gm)
- Size 5.0 mm (H-8) crochet hook
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
Alternate or Chainless Turning Stitch (Alt-ch): Turn your work. Do not work any chains. Make a SC in the first stitch of the row, insert your hook into the front left vertical bar of the SC and yarn over, pull up a loop (2 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through both loops. There is a photo tutorial for this technique here: http://charmedbyewe.com/alternate-chainless-dc-turning-stitch/
Split Stitch: Working a split stitch means that you will be working into the center “V” of the stitch below, not into the top loops.
View the pattern here: